Saturday, November 26, 2011

Entertainment Systems

Kids, take a gander at this beautiful video game console, est.1985. One day, they will be extinct. That day will bring sadness to many gamers, such as myself. I had the original, waaayy before it was cool and still have to the present day. Three things come to my mind when people talk about what the 90's... T.M.N.T., Billy Ray Cyrus, and Nintendo. The only games I have are Mickey's ABC's(which was appropriate for one of my first games as a child), Yoshi, and of coarse, the legendary, Super Mario Bros. 3. Many hours, probably hundreds, have been spent playing those games after almost passing out from blowing these games to make them work. And you should know what I mean when I say, "blowing" in relation to Nintendo. Don't be a pervert. Throughout the years, I have continued to repetitively conquer Super Mario Bros. 3, quicken my thumb speed, on Yoshi and until, my friend broke my gun, I had an awesome shot playing Duck Hunt.  I refuse to give into the Super Nintendo and whatever else technology has advanced to over the years, in the gaming world.

Alright so, we're skipping ahead to the year 2006, when PlayStation 3 was released. The few games I have played on it have been, Grand Left Auto, Need for Speed, and Call of Duty. They proved to me to be too violent and the controller sticks too sensitive to movement for my thumbs. Nintendo's controller is so much easier; forward, back, up, down.

Now, here we are with the Xbox 360, just one year older than the PS3. You simply push the bigger circle for power and the smaller circle to open the disc drive. No fancy pressure sensitive on/off area, like the PS3 has on it's console. I have played only two games on the Xbox 360, like FIFA and Call of Duty. The controllers I've played with have been too big for my hands. Nintendo has what I consider, "one size fits all" controllers.









My point is, Nintendo is a classic and will forever remain as my favorite piece of technology.




Disclaimer: I am not claiming to be an expert on anything, so take my opinions lightly.